Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bluehost Leaves Me Feeling Blue

Before settling with Hostgator, I looked at a few server hosts recommended by
Wordpress.org. Dreamhost got some good (admittedly anecdotal) reviews.
However, I was turned off by their lack of phone support. And so, I signed up
with Bluehost, Wordpress' top recommended service. They impressed me with many
how-to videos and other articles, as well as phone and online chat support
options.

However, their service left me feeling nothing but blue. Even signing up was a
headache, and after much frustration I decided that their service wasn't as
great as I was led to believe. Here's a breakdown of my experience:

They made me scan and email a copy of my driver's license and credit card to
them to verify my account
4 hours later they hadn't confirmed the account, so I initiated online chat.
The rep took about an hour to "help". Most of this was spent waiting for him to
respond. In the end, he didn't check or confirm my account as was promised.
Later the next day, when my account was finally confirmed, I was so fed

Read more: http://etchedinpixels.com/2012/11/bluehost-leaves-me-feeling-blue/

No comments:

Post a Comment