Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spore: Round One

I started playing Spore this week.  I don't know how the online reviewers could claim that the performance was good even on less powerful machines.  I have it running on my Macbook Pro 2.2ghz (Geforce 8600M 128MB) with all the settings turned down, and it *CRAWLS* once past the Cell stage.  Anyway, here  are two of the products from my game: my species, and a land vehicle for them. Although not much of a game at this point in development, the creator tools really are amazing.  I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can come up with.

Yeah, it looks kinda funny... but I'm proud of the duck head.  It reminds me of the one on Wade's swimming tube from the US Acres/Garfieldd & Friends cartoon.



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="250" caption="Wade Duck"][/caption]

As you progress to each new stage (Cell->Creature->Tribal->Nation->etc) your species develops one of three specializations depending on your choices in the last stage.  For some reason mine became faith/culturally based.  Thus in the Civilization stage I must use faith to convert other rival nations.  Hence, this guy here is the "Faithinator 1000".  Those loudspeakers coming out the side blare the word of Cthulhu to the heathen.  I'm somewhat proud of the VW-Hippopotamus look that it's taken on, and only wish the legs would articulate when the unit is moving in the game (what's the point in putting in legs if you can't see them walk?).

1 comment:

  1. I think I soiled myself after looking at that creature :D Spore looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete