Thursday, February 14, 2008

Widescreen Goodies

It's really hard to find high resolution (1280 and above) wallpaper, let alone in widescreen. Those of you with 1920x1200 displays feel my pain. I've gotten some compliments on my choices of backdrops, so I thought I would share a few of my sources. Check them out, if, like me, you are blessed with 24 inches.

Plasmadesign.co.uk



My favorite. He has some free ones, but the main stuff you have to pay for with a nominal fee ($10), that gets you lifetime access to the site. New picts are periodically added.

deviantART


What else can I say? Possibly the best repository on the web. Link to widescreen section Warning: I can't seem to find any that go beyond 1400x900. Might be a limitation imposed by the site.

HDR Walls

They have a nice collection of High Dynamic Range photos, at high resolutions.  It involves shooting multiple times, with different exposures, and layering them to create dramatic lighting effects and saturation.  Not all of them are high-def.  But some go up to 1920x1200.

wall_thumbs_522.jpg

Babes & Wallpapers




Some good images and wallpaper (not all of which are widescreen) ripped from various parts of the Interwebs. Oh, and there are some pretty women to look at too.

Addendum: Although not widescreen (or highres, they max out at 1600x1200) this site has excellent wallpaper: http://www.salvatorescandurra.com/wallpapers/

No comments:

Post a Comment